As much as possible keep your name consistent across all social media platforms so your followers can easily identify you. You want to also keep your contact information consistent as well i.e. telephone number and email address. Your user name is also important because it is what your followers see when they land on your profile so give it some thought. It should be memorable and represents you and your brand.
Your Bio is your opportunity at a first impression with fans and followers so you want to put your best face forward. This is your introduction to the world so make it good. You are allowed to include one clickable link in your bio so make it count. Ensure that the link is pointed to a website or landing page that contains key content about your brand.
I suggest that you scroll through bios of similar pages (competition) to determine key elements that they are using in their bios to determine how you match up. Here are some ideas to consider when crafting your bio.
- What’s in a name? Everything! Choose your name wisely to increase the likelihood that it will be picked up in search engines.
- Do not hesitate to tell people what you do or offer
- Share who you are. People do business with people who they like and trust. Showing a personal side will foster a trusting relationship
- Keywords are “key” Use keywords that will help you give your fans/followers a better understanding of your brand
- Hashtags #.Choose hashtags that your fan base may be using and that are relevant to your product or service
- Ensure you have eye catching content to stand out from the competition
If you are interested in a 10 minute FREE coaching session with me complete the form below and I will get back to you. Have your questions ready regarding your business/brand and I will share key elements that we are using to take our business to the next level.